Monday 21 April 2008

STREET CAMERAS ON STATION ROAD



The camera's on station road every time there is an incident, and you ask the police if its on the camera you are told they are not manned no film in what is the point I ask. It is common knowledge to the gangs of kids that hang around the area I know because they have told me.

The council have not so long ago replaced the cameras supposedly for better 360% coverage - not much good if you don't put film in etc etc. When the council put the first cameras up they asked local businesses to pay for them. I refused as I thought they got enough in business rates for what you get back. I am glad now I didn't waste my money. Anyone know of any time in all the years they have been up what good they have been?

1 comment:

steve b said...

It seems as if the Police agree with Dot:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/may/06/ukcrime1